Where are we building right now?
Kaua‘i Habitat for Humanity active projects as of November 2015:
– ‘Ele‘ele – new home construction (first group of 12 homes out of 48 in Phase II-A), ‘Ele‘ele Iluna Subdivision
– Anahola – new home construction (2 homes, in initial planning stages) on Dept. of Hawaiian Homelands
– Anahola – repair project (1 home, in initial planning stages)
– Kapa‘a – roof repair project (1 home)
– Koloa – repair project (1 home)
– Hanapepe – “A Brush with Kindness,” light repairs and painting (3 homes)
– Hanapepe – major repair and renovation
– ‘Ele‘ele – room addition
– Anahola – new home construction on Dept. of Hawaiian Homelands
– Anahola – new home construction (3 homes) on Dept. of Hawaiian Homelands
– Anahola – major repair and renovation, involving re-location of a donated 3-bedroom house to existing lot
– Kekaha – new home construction on Dept. of Hawaiian Homelands
– Kekaha – major repair and renovation (2 homes) on Dept. of Hawaiian Homelands
Where have we already built?
Construction was started on our first home in 1992 in the aftermath of Hurricane `Iniki. In 2009, Kaua`i Habitat built its 100th Habitat home. As of January 2015, the affiliate has built 117 affordable Habitat homes and repaired and upgraded 28 substandard homes from the North Shore to the West Side of Kaua`i.
Today, Habitat homes can be found in the following towns on Kaua`i:
Where will we build next?