Kauai Habitat for Humanity
Major Gift Officer
Date posted: April 19, 2017
Classification: Full time, exempt
Reports to: Director of Development
Under the general direction of the Director of Development, the Major Gift Officer is responsible for maintaining and increasing funding from high net-worth individuals through effective identification, cultivation, and solicitation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, steward and retain qualified prospects and donors. Manage donor/prospect portfolio and apply a moves management approach to the portfolio, with a custom cultivation strategy for each donor.
- Develop a strategy for closing multi‐year commitments of five and six figures, from high net-worth individuals. Promote and close complex gifts, including planned gifts.
- See full job description for further details.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Experience in individual donor development and major gift solicitation.
- Experience managing a portfolio of high net worth individual donors.
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communications skills with the ability to make dynamic group presentations.
- Strong planning skills, including the ability to anticipate tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines and function smoothly under strict deadlines and shifting priorities.
- High‐level computer literacy and social media skills; experience with donor databases.
- The capacity to develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with donors, volunteers, Board of Directors, and staff.
- Knowledge of the Kauai philanthropic community.
- Commitment to affordable housing and to KHFH’s mission.
- Vehicle (or access to vehicle) for local travel required (business mileage will be reimbursed).
- Full‐time, flexible hours. Some weekday evenings and weekends required.
Submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to: