Current job openings at Kaua‘i Habitat for Humanity:
Kaua‘i Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Interested applicants may respond by sending resume or an email which includes work history and a brief paragraph describing your qualifications. Send all inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Warehouse and Retail Sales Associate – ReStore®
FULL TIME – approx. 35-37.5 hours per week, Tuesday – Saturday
The ReStore® Sales Associate is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operation of ReStore®. The individual must possess strong problem-solving skills, the ability to work in a fast paced environment, and the ability to multi-task. Must be able to interact comfortably and smoothly with all types of individuals and remain consistent in maintaining a professional demeanor as well as promoting the mission and values of Kaua‘i Habitat for Humanity.
- Screen Donations – process incoming materials and place in appropriate departments
- Merchandising – organize and set up inventory for sale in an orderly and appealing manner
- Loading and unloading vehicles- receiving or delivering materials to/from store
- Customer service – Assist customers with questions and merchandise as needed
- Clean, test and display appliances, electronics and other equipment
- Will perform other duties as directed by store management
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs- 75 lbs. on a regular basis with frequent bending, squatting and lifting.
- Ability to safely move and store heavy items using dollies and hand truck.
- Knowledge of hardware and building materials
- Organized and self-directed.
- Courteous, friendly with excellent customer service skills
- Able to receive training on forklift operation.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record, and able to safely operate a box truck.
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions and communicate both orally and in writing effectively.
- Basic computer skills to include word processing and web-based searches.